Saturday, April 20, 2013

Thirsty Roots

Natural Black Women

 
What do you see when you see a natural woman? Do you see her big beautiful fro or her thick lushes curls. Do you see a woman of heart and soul, strong willed and strong minded. A woman with a mind of her own, but yet seeking more inside and out? Well, these are the things I see; when I look in the mirror to play with my hair I see and think about my past. No, not the hurtful and hateful things, not as slaves. I don't see that because that isn't my only past. Some time ago in my past life, I was walking across the hot sand of Africa and in the great fluffy green grass. I wore a great big and beautiful crown on my head, and held great power in my hands: I was a queen. My blood was royal and still is. My brothers and sisters need to see that we didn't come from slaves but from kings and queens of Africa. So when I see a natural sistah, I see beauty, beauty of our past. I see a strong woman of color and power and love; I see one who can push through anything, fall and get back up. Naturalettes, lets stand for all of our beliefs, and make a change in how many see our hair. Lets get people to stop saying nappy, and start saying that's what it's suppose to look like. We are our own beauty! Teach all our brothas and sistahs how to love their thirsty roots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment